Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Falling in love In Plain Sight

I have known my husband for 14 years now and we have been married for 8 of those years. It has been quite the journey really from knowing him as this someone who could make butterflies aflutter in my stomach to trusting that he'd be there for me in his quiet strong way when I really need. We have had our moments of complete and utter falling outs too...where I just couldn't or wouldn't connect to him and then after a few hours, a few days, life would just fall in step.

Some would say we are a story of opposites attract. Yin and yang like. I know though that we are alike in many many ways. Yes, yin and yang sounds about right in many ways but we are also birds of a feather. Love though is all that matters in this relationship. We know its there come what may.

Right now I am pregnant (for the second time), 38 weeks...any time now really. All this month I involved myself in this fabulous photography course called In Plain Sight by Catherine Just,  to connect with my dear little unborn baby (click on that link to see how that experience was) and my husband. I know from being a new mother before that connection with your spouse, my spouse takes a back seat for at least 6 months before we feel like one again. I know that my birth plan is one that my husband accepts for me but hopes I chose something that involved stubbing the pain and making the process easier. Because he loves me. I know that my birth plan means that he cannot bear to see me in labor, in pain and will choose, like last time to sit out and fret and worry and tear up when he sees me. I know this. Its the yin and yang thing...it will break my heart that he isn't there being witness to this birthing too, but it will also be okay, because that's just how we function.

So knowing me, knowing us, knowing that our love for each other is very alive, right here, I took up the wonderfully rewarding task of photographing moments when my husband and I kiss everyday. Yes, we kiss everyday and I wanted to store that in the deep recesses of my memory. Our memory. I wanted to remember that yin and yang is our way of life. That what matters is love and staying open in that love.

My husband was totally willing to do this. He wasn't sure why I chose this theme or what i'd do with it, I wasnt sure either but we both went with it and it has been such a joy. It has become our moment of connecting. With a toddler in tow it is hard to find moments of quietness, just the two of us. And now my home is pretty full with family, to help me with the second munchkin on its way. So with this project I made sure we'd be available for some time together before I hit the bed. We ended up having so much fun doing this, just setting up the timer, conversations between the kisses, moments of embrace post picture taking...all of it was worth the exercise!

Then there's are the pictures itself. They depict so much of who we are, our personalities, our joy in coming together, our moments of quietness and togetherness. I am going to treasure this for the rest of my life. Here are some of the pictures I took this month.






                               
                                 


Thirty days of love, thirty days of nurturing simple moments that are of profound importance. What else can a gal ask for. 

Like what you read? Subscribe to our newsletter

11 comments :

  1. I am the only witness for your 14 yrs of love from day 1 when you guys met. Hehe. Lovely pics, nice excercise, I should do it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! that is true Venu! Glad you were witness :-) You should absolutely do this with Moni.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post makes me cry..so utterly lovely, so utterly special and the knowledge folks like you exist..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much Bhavana. Glad you read :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Touche! Are you both out of a fairy book tale? *Wondering

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ AWW: Nah! I just write it like one ;-) Clever arnt I?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic. I love them all...You should make them into a book. I also did an "In Plain Sight" project with my husband and it was so powerful. Your story is beautiful. May the coming chapters be just as full of beauty, love, and blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this Aarathi! You've inspired me to do something similar with my husband (we also kiss every day)... I can't imagine not and when we're in those 'blow-out' places and refuse to let love in fully, the day feels really off without that moment of connection together. I wish you a lifetime of happy moments together with your growing family. It was a pleasure to meet you in class every day ;D

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful story of love :) I am so happy for you... I also hopped over to Catherine Just's site and I am inspired to take her course! Maybe the one in November... Love your new header too! Wishing you well for the birth of your new child...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Susie: Thank so much Susie for all the love and blessings! Are your pictures (the hubby series)up on flickr? I would LOVE to see them!!

    @Patricia, thanks SO much. I loved meeting you in class everday too!! THis has been such a wonderful journey.

    @ Christine: Thanks Christine, Ive taken both of Catherine's classes and they are so soulful and brilliant. In plain sight is awesome...there is

    @Vasanth: <3 all the way!!

    ReplyDelete

I highly value your comments.Thank you for taking the time to do so.